Kasting Kauffman & Mersen Data Breach
The Lyon Firm is actively involved in numerous personal privacy and data theft cases nationwide and is currently investigating privacy claims on behalf of Kasting Kauffman and Mersen data breach victims.
The privacy and security of your personal information may have been compromised if you are a current or former client at Kasting, Kauffman & Mersen. The law firm began sending out data breach notification letters to individuals potentially impacted by a recent data security incident.
An investigation concluded that an unauthorized party obtained access to a vulnerable email account, and may have stolen sensitive files.
Hundreds of companies across the nation have suffered data breaches in the last couple of years and have spawned dozens of class action data breach lawsuits that seek to compensate impacted individuals for the damage and stress it has caused in their lives. If you have received a data breach notification letter, contact a lawyer to review.
Security breach settlements have recovered millions of dollars for victims. If you have been a victim of a security breach, contact a data breach lawyer to discuss the class action data theft litigation process.
Kasting Kauffman and Mersen Data Breach Lawsuit
Regardless of the reason for a security breach—if a person or group gains access to confidential information for financial gain—victims have the right to file a claim against a company for failing to protect their information, and can lead to a class action lawsuit.
All companies and organizations must exercise reasonable care in protecting patient information, and if they do not, they can be held liable for the damages that result, including identity theft.
Security breach plaintiffs and privacy attorneys representing plaintiffs have been able to settle multi-million dollar recoveries. If you or a loved one suffered financial losses from a data breach, contact a data theft lawyer for a free consultation.
Individuals can be ruined financially, and deserve proper online security measures. But many companies choose not to protect consumer privacy, and thus face class action lawsuits.
After a data breach turns your life upside down, remember that you are not the only victim. There are millions of Americans who suffer from data privacy events every year, and in turn, seek legal action for compensation and to hold companies accountable for negligent security systems.
If you want more information on current data breach litigation and how to file a data theft class action lawsuit, contact The Lyon Firm for a free and confidential Kasting Kauffman and Mersen data breach case review.
Can You Sue for a Data Breach?
Entities that collect and store data have a duty to protect personal information to the best of their ability. When they are negligent, and a data theft incident occurs, they may be liable for the following:
- Improperly monitoring data security systems for existing intrusions
- Not ensuring that vendors with access to computer systems and data employ reasonable security procedures
- Improperly training employees in handling emails containing PII and PHI and maintain adequate email security practices
- Failure to implement technical policies and procedures to allow electronic PHI access only to individuals or software programs granted access rights
- Failure to implement procedures to review records of information system activity regularly, such as audit logs, access reports and security incident tracking reports
- Improperly protecting against reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of electronic PHI
An experienced class action attorney can determine if you are eligible to file a data breach lawsuit or join a class of plaintiffs. Lawyers investigating the matter can assist in determining the following:
- Did Kasting, Kauffman & Mersen fail to adopt security safeguards that would have prevented a data breach?
- Did Kasting, Kauffman & Mersen notify customers as soon as it learned of the data breach?
- Did Kasting Kauffman and Mersen provide a complete list of all individuals affected by the data breach?
- Did Kasting Kauffman and Mersen provide security in line with industry standards?