New Lyon Firm Filing: Medical Healthcare Solutions Data Breach
The Lyon Firm has filed a class action data breach lawsuit on behalf of Medical Healthcare Solutions victims in Massachusetts and nationwide. Our data privacy attorneys are actively involved in a wide variety of data theft cases, and offer free and confidential consultations. Contact us for privacy litigation and data theft settlement updates.
The Lyon Firm took action and filed a class action claim against the medical billing company, Medical Healthcare Solutions, after the company announced a November 2021 cyberattack that impacted the personal data of 133,997 individuals.
The data breach was discovered in November 2021, with stolen files that may have contained the following types of data: Name, address, date of birth, sex, phone number, email address, Social Security number, driver’s license/state ID number, financial account number, routing number, payment card number, card CVV/expiration, diagnosis/treatment information, procedure type, provider name, prescription information, date of service, medical record number, patient account number, insurance ID number, insurance group number, claim number, insurance plan name, provider ID number, procedure code, treatment cost, and diagnosis code.
Why File Class Action Data Theft Cases?
Data Theft Lawyers believe companies who collect and store personal data have an ethical and legal duty to protect it to prevent data theft. Creating a proper network security system is expensive, however, and many medical labs attempt to bypass these necessary costs. If a hospital or medical facility fails to protect consumers’ and patients’ sensitive information, and a data breach occurs, they may be held liable.
The Lyon Firm encourages all potentially affected individuals in the Medical Healthcare Solutions security breach to act quickly and remain vigilant against potential identity theft and fraud by reviewing account statements, medical bills and credit reports. Contact a privacy attorney to review your data breach case.
Companies like Medical Healthcare Solutions have a duty to engage in the following system security measures:
- Properly monitor data security systems for existing intrusions
- Ensure that vendors with access to computer systems and data employ reasonable security procedures
- Train employees in the proper handling of emails containing PII and PHI and maintain adequate email security practices
- Implement technical policies and procedures to allow electronic PHI access only to individuals or software programs granted access rights
- Implement procedures to review records of information system activity regularly, such as audit logs, access reports and security incident tracking reports
- Protect against reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of electronic PHI
The Lyon Firm is investigating the Medical Healthcare Solutions data breach and is actively involved in numerous data privacy cases and has experience filing data security claims on behalf of plaintiffs nationwide.