The Lyon Firm Files Class Action Following Morley Data Breach
The Lyon Firm has filed a class action data breach lawsuit on behalf of data breach victims nationwide following a security breach that impacted Morley Companies clients. Our data privacy attorneys are actively involved in a wide variety of data theft cases, and offer free and confidential consultations. Contact us to seek justice and compensation. Data Privacy settlements are likely when
Morley processes information for health plans across the country, and their data collected is wide-reaching. The data breach was discovered when Morley found it could not access files on its systems.
A data breach investigation concluded that a malware prevented access to some data files beginning in August 2021, and may have leaked the names, dates of birth, health insurance information and Social Security numbers of thousands of victims.
If you have received a letter from Morley about the recent data breach, contact a data privacy attorney to join the class action.
Morley Companies Class Action Lawsuit
Data Privacy Lawyers believe companies who collect and store personal data have an ethical and legal duty to protect it to prevent data theft. Creating a proper network security system is expensive, however, and many companies attempt to bypass these necessary costs. If a company to protect consumers’ and patients’ sensitive information, and a data breach occurs, they may be held liable.
The Lyon Firm encourages all potentially affected individuals in the Morley security breach to act quickly and remain vigilant against potential identity theft and fraud by reviewing account statements, medical bills and credit reports. Contact a privacy attorney to review your data breach case.
Companies like Morley have a duty to engage in the following system security measures:
- Properly monitor data security systems for existing intrusions
- Ensure that vendors with access to computer systems and data employ reasonable security procedures
- Train employees in the proper handling of emails containing PII and PHI and maintain adequate email security practices
- Implement technical policies and procedures to allow electronic PHI access only to individuals or software programs granted access rights
- Implement procedures to review records of information system activity regularly, such as audit logs, access reports and security incident tracking reports
- Protect against reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of electronic PHI
The Lyon Firm is actively involved in numerous data theft cases and has experience filing class action data security claims on behalf of plaintiffs nationwide.