Golden Entertainment, the parent company of several casinos and resorts, is notifying individuals of a data breach incident that may impact the privacy of personal data. Golden claims there is not yet evidence of data misuse as a result of this incident, but after any data breach and data theft event, that is a real possibility.
In January 2021, Golden discovered that part of its network was infected with malware, and with the assistance of IT forensic specialists, began an investigation. The investigation concluded that an unauthorized actor gained access to the Golden network and encrypted network files in January 2021. The unauthorized threat actor acquired certain documents before the encryption occurred.
The impacted information varies by individual, and may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or state identification number
- Financial account information
- Debit or credit numbers
- Medical treatment or diagnosis information
Golden Entertainment Casinos include:
- THE STRAT HOTEL CASINO SKYPOD Las Vegas, Nevada
- ROCKY GAP CASINO RESORT Flintstone, Maryland
- AQUARIUS CASINO RESORT Laughlin, Nevada
- EDGEWATER CASINO RESORT Laughlin, Nevada
- PAHRUMP NUGGET HOTEL CASINO Pahrump, Nevada
- ARIZONA CHARLIE’S DECATUR HOTELCASINO Las Vegas, Nevada
- ARIZONA CHARLIE’S BOULDER HOTELCASINO Las Vegas, Nevada
- GOLD TOWN CASINO Pahrump, Nevada
- LAKESIDE CASINORV PARK Pahrump, Nevada
The Lyon Firm is investigating the Golden casino data breach and is actively involved in numerous data privacy cases and has experience filing data security claims on behalf of plaintiffs nationwide.