HMG Healthcare Data Breach Investigation
The Lyon Firm is investigating a data security incident reported by HMG Healthcare on behalf of plaintiffs in Texas and Kansas. Contact our data breach lawyers if you receive notice from the company. Our legal team can assist you in considering your legal options, and take the proper steps following a data theft event. Free consultations and case review.
What Happened at HMG?
In November 2023, HMG discovered a potential data security incident that stemmed from a network incursion in August. The company confirmed that the attack exposed confidential patient information that may include your name, Social Security number, date of birth, contact information, health information, medical information, and employment records.
On January 8, 2024, HMG Healthcare, LLC filed a notice of data breach with the Attorney General of Texas and began sending out data breach notification letters to all individuals whose information was affected.
If you received a data breach notification from HMG, it is important to understand you may be at an increased risk of medical identity theft and fraud. Learn more about how to protect yourself following a data breach, and what it means to file a class action claim.
Personal information that may be compromised includes the following:
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License number
- Government-issued ID number (passport, state ID card)
- Financial Information (account number, credit or debit card number)
- Medical Information
- Health Insurance Information
- Date of Birth
What Caused the HMG Healthcare Data Breach?
An investigation is still underway, even though the attack occurred in the summer of 2023. According to the company’s website notice (which is rather difficult to find, buried at the bottom of the page) the HMG Healthcare data breach could impact patients and employees at the following facilities:
- All Park Manor locations
- Accel at College Station
- Arbor Court Retirement Community at Alvamar
- Arbor Court Retirement Community at Salina
- Arbor Court Retirement Community at Topeka
- Arbrook Plaza
- Cimarron Place Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Crowley Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Deerbrook Skilled Nursing & Rehab
- Forum Parkway Health & Rehabilitation
- Friendship Haven Healthcare & Rehab Center
- Green Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Gulf Pointe Plaza
- Gulf Pointe Village (Assisted Living Only)
- Harbor Lakes Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Hewitt Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Holland Lake Rehabilitation and Wellness Center
- Lone Star Rehabilitation and Wellness Center
- Methodist Transitional Care Center
- Mission Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Northgate Plaza (Legacy)
- Pecan Bayou Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Red Oak Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Silver Spring Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Smoky Hill Health and Rehabilitation
- Stallings Court Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Stonegate Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Tanglewood Health and Rehabilitation
- Treviso Transitional Care
- Willowbrook Nursing Center
HMG Healthcare is an elderly care provider operating out of The Woodlands, Texas. HMG offers skilled nursing services, rehabilitation services, memory care services, assisted living services, and independent living services.
Contact our legal team to learn more about data privacy litigation and the importance of not only seeking compensation but of holding negligent companies accountable for insufficient data security systems. We are currently involved in numerous data breach class action lawsuits and represent plaintiffs nationwide.