Parker Hannifin Class Action Data Breach Complaint Filed By Lyon Firm
UPDATE: The Lyon Firm files a data breach complaint on behalf of a former Parker employee in Cleveland, Ohio. Those impacted should contact the Firm.
The Lyon Firm is actively involved in personal privacy and data theft cases and is currently investigating Parker Hannifin data breach claims on behalf of plaintiffs in Ohio and nationwide.
Parker Hannifin, a large engineering company based out of Ohio, has sent out notice that the personal data of employees may have been compromised after a network data breach.
Parker detected the incident on March 14, 2022, according to a press release. A subsequent data theft investigation discovered that an unauthorized third party gained access to the Parker Hannifin IT system between March 11 and March 14.
Parker Hannifin has begun notifying individuals, who include current and former employees, dependents, and members of Parker Group Health Plans. Potential victims are being offered a free two-year membership to an identity monitoring service, though attorneys say those impacted deserve much more.
What Information was Involved?
Compromised information in data security incidents may include the following:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Medical information
- Health insurance information
- Financial information and bank account numbers
Joe Lyon is a highly-rated data breach lawyer and Privacy Attorney representing plaintiffs nationwide in class action security breach lawsuits.
Can You Sue following the Parker Hannifin Data Breach?
Entities that collect and store data have a duty to protect personal information to the best of their ability. When they are negligent, and a data theft incident occurs, they may be liable for the following:
- Improperly monitoring data security systems for existing intrusions
- Not ensuring that vendors with access to computer systems and data employ reasonable security procedures
- Improperly training employees in handling emails containing personal data and maintain adequate email security practices
- Failure to implement technical policies and procedures to allow electronic data access only to individuals or software programs granted access rights
- Failure to implement procedures to review records of information system activity regularly, such as audit logs, access reports and security incident tracking reports
- Improperly protecting against reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of stored data
An experienced class action privacy attorney can determine if you are eligible to file a data breach lawsuit or join a class of plaintiffs. Lawyers investigating the matter can assist in determining the following:
- Did Parker Hannifin fail to adopt security safeguards that would have prevented a breach?
- Did Parker Hannifin notify customers as soon as it learned of the incident?
- Did Parker Hannifin provide a complete list of all individuals impacted?
- Did Parker provide security in line with industry standards?
What Should You Do Following the Parker Hannifin Data Breach?
Regardless of the reason for a security breach, victims have the right to file a claim against a company for failing to protect their information. All companies and organizations must exercise reasonable care in protecting patient information, and if they do not, they can be held liable for the damages that result, including identity theft.
Security breach plaintiffs and privacy attorneys representing plaintiffs have been able to settle multi-million dollar recoveries. If you or a loved one has received notice of an online security incident affecting you, or suspect signs of identity theft, contact a data theft lawyer for a free consultation.
Individuals can be ruined financially and emotionally, and deserve proper online security measures. But many companies and hospitals violate privacy laws and consumer rights, and thus face class action lawsuits.
After a data breach turns your life upside down, remember that you are not the only victim. There are millions of Americans who suffer from data privacy events every year, and in turn, seek legal action for compensation and to hold companies accountable for negligent security systems.
If you want more information on current data security litigation and how to file a data theft class action lawsuit, contact The Lyon Firm for a free and confidential Parker Hannifin data breach case review.