HealthReach Community Health Centers, a system of Federally Qualified Health Centers in Central and Western Maine, has allegedly reported a security breach of over 122,000 individuals. According to the Department of Health, an “improper disposal” of personal information has led to the data breach.
The HealthReach system serves patients in over 80 Maine communities, mostly in Androscoggin, Franklin, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Sagadahoc, Somerset, and Waldo counties. HealthReach Health Centers include the following clinics:
- Belgrade Regional Health Center
- Bethel Family Health Center
- Bingham Area Health Center
- Lovejoy Health Center (Albion)
- Madison Area Health Center
- Abram Regional Health Center (Kingfield)
- Rangeley Family Medicine
- Richmond Area Health Center
- Sheepscot Valley Health Center (Coopers Mills)
- Strong Area Health Center
- Western Maine Family Health Center (Livermore Falls)
The Lyon Firm is investigating the HealthReach data breach and is reviewing other healthcare data theft events. We have filed class action data breach lawsuits nationwide on behalf of plaintiffs, and work diligently to compensate the victims of data security negligence.